Syllabus Collection >
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||Advanced Reasoning in AI|
|Issue Date: |
|Abstract: ||UIUC CS 591, Section EA
Advanced Reasoning in AI
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Index: Announcements Course Information Machinery Communication Textbook
* August 19, 2004: The first meeting of the seminar will be on Tuesday, August 31 at 5pm on the second week of classes. Time/day for the rest of the semester will be chosen by the participants on the first seminar.
* Sep 10, 2004: Please check the news group and syllabus for readings.
Lecture: 1 hour credit, Tu 5PM-6PM, 3102 Siebel Center
Professor: Eyal Amir
Office: Siebel 3314
Phone: (217) 333-8756
Office hours: Tue 2pm-3pm, Thu 1pm-2pm
Useful Information and Handouts
# Syllabus & Important Dates
# Frequently Asked Questions
The seminar covers research papers that discuss reasoning algorithms in artificial intelligence. The focus this semester is on logical automated reasoning. We will discuss logical languages, dynamic systems, and decision making with these languages and systems. We will cover both exact and approximate techniques for reasoning, and will emphasize applications of these techniques in vision, robotics, virtual worlds, and others.
* Knowledge of main reasoning techniques with logic.
* Knowledge of main reasoning techniques with probabilities.
* Knowledge of basic computer science principles and skills.
* Knowledge of basic artificial intelligence problems and principles (at the level of CS440).
Machinery: Tasks and Coursework
The course will consist of lectures by the students. A sample of papers for presentation is indicated in the syllabus. In the first seminar we will discuss and select papers for presentation.
Students will be required to present a paper to receive credit for the class.
Comments to Eyal Amir|
|Appears in Collections:||Syllabus|
Files in This Item:
All items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.