COM3116 : C++ PROGRAMMING LAB
Instructor : Binoy Samuel
Office hours : Tuesday 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at 222 Egan
Email : email@example.com
Class: Wednesday 6.00 - 7.30 p.m.
Class room : 102 KA
1. COURSE DESCRIPTION
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of some other programming language like Pascal or C.
- What you will learn in this course? Usage of C++ as a programming tool. The basic structure of the language - comprising of the declarations, expression statements and other OO constructs. More in detail, we will deal with the concepts of Data Abstraction, Class, Containment, Inheritance, (Single and Multiple) Overloading, (Functions and Operators) Templates and Polymorphism.
- Textbook: Wang Paul S.; C++ with Object Oriented Programming; PWS Publishing 1994
- References books: Any of the zillion books available in the market and library.
- Course URL - (Assignments/notes/etc.)
3. ASSIGNMENTS AND GRADING
- There will be 8 (flexible) assignments covering the C++ concepts. The assignments will contribute to 80% of the final grade.
- There will be a final exam for the course, which will contribute 20% towards the final grade.
- For any assignment, if the assignment is turned in late, you will lose 1 (one) point per day it is late from the due date.
- If there is any difficulty in handing in the assignments or taking the exams on time then please discuss your individual case with me.
- Perhaps the most important aspect I would like to impress on you is: if you find that you have not understood the lecture material or assignment, discuss it with me.